Last Updated: 31 October 2023
Version translated in English.
- Who is concerned?
We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in an open and transparent manner.
- When we provide services to you or to our clients.
- When you visit “our website”.
- During any other activity integral to the operation of our business.
- Legal basis and principles
In accordance with the law, we are required to explain the legal basis and principles on which we process your personal data. In this respect, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you have consented to the use of your personal data for this purpose.
- When you have made this information public.
- When you have voluntarily provided us with your personal data for a specific purpose.
- Because the information is necessary to provide the services, we supply to you and our clients.
- To pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring the efficient provision of the services we offer to you and our clients.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, in particular regarding the retention of data for tax purposes or the transmission of information to public bodies or law enforcement authorities
- To serve our legitimate interests related to the efficient and compliant management of our business, insofar as these interests do not override yours.
If we process sensitive personal information about you for any of the above purposes, we will do so for the following reasons:
- Where we are required by law to process such personal information to comply with our « know your client » obligations (or any other legal obligation imposed on us);
- Where processing is necessary to initiate, exercise or defend legal proceedings.
- Where processing is necessary to comply with our obligations under employment, social security, welfare or similar legislation.
- Where you have expressly given your consent to the processing of such personal information.
Where the law requires us to obtain your express consent to send you promotional or marketing material, we will only send you such material if we have received your consent. If you no longer wish to receive promotional or marketing material from us, you can click on the unsubscribe link in the communication or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nature of information collected
We are committed to collecting only the personal information that is necessary and relevant for the purposes stated, and to limiting the amount of personal information collected to that which is strictly necessary.
We will collect or obtain personal information about you in certain circumstances, including:
- As a result of discussions relating to services we may offer to potential clients.
- As a result of professional presentations and representations, training sessions, conferences, networking activities, exhibitions, congresses and similar events.
- In the course of providing services to our clients.
- When carrying out due diligence related to our services.
In addition, we may collect personal information about you when you use this site or interact with us digitally. This personal information may be collected or obtained with your consent, such as when you fill in a form on our website, or it may be provided to us by others, such as your employer or a third-party service provider with whom we collaborate for the proper operation of our business. Some of this information may also be publicly available.
We may also acquire personal information about you by evaluating or deriving such data from your interactions with us or with others. For example, to improve your experience:
- When using Logital Media inc. services, we may consider the frequency and quality of our interactions, as well as the feedback they generate.
The nature of the personal information collected or acquired varies according to its use and may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name.
- Your age.
- Your date of birth.
- Your e-mail address.
- Your home address.
- Your country of residence.
- Details of your employment and training.
- Your credit history and ranking.
- Your criminal record.
- Your posts on blogs, forums and other social media.
- Your IP address.
- Your browser type and language.
- The duration of your visits.
- Information on complaints.
- Information on the use of our products and services.
- Details of your interactions with us.
- Other similar information and information required by law.
In some cases, we also need to collect data considered sensitive or relating to particular categories. These may vary depending on our legal obligations, occupational health and safety standards, the nature of our services for our clients or your use of our website. For example:
- Your gender.
- Your food preferences, allergies and intolerances.
- Your marital status.
- Your dependants.
- Certain financial and tax information.
- Certain health data.
- Your sexual orientation.
Please note that our website and services are not intended for children.
- Use of personal information
- Through our website
We may use the personal information we collect via our website for the following purposes:
- Because you have freely chosen to fill in the self-assessment form on your capabilities in the event of business interruption and crisis situations and the section allowing you to identify yourself to receive the document by e-mail.
- To administer and optimize our website.
- To personalize the content of our website to enhance your experience and present you with products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To process your requests submitted via our website and provide you with appropriate responses.
- Providing our services to clients
We will use your personal information to provide services to you or to our clients. To this end, your personal data may be used in the context of communications related to these services. These exchanges may involve interactions with you, our clients, any third parties they may have appointed to collaborate with us in the provision of the services, our service providers or the relevant authorities. In addition, your personal information may also be requested as part of due diligence relating to the services.
- Operating our company
Your personal information may also be used for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Accounting and billing activities.
- Data analysis to understand your interactions with our company.
- Maintaining business relationships with our clients.
- Legal obligations.
- Opening client accounts and related administrative requirements.
- Preservation of our rights, and those of our clients and service providers.
- Recruitment of employees and contract or self-employed workers, including management of related relationships.
- Responding to requests for information or communications from competent authorities, including the courts.
- Professional services we receive (e.g.: lawyers, accountants, etc.).
- Supporting the development of our business.
- Transmission of personal information
For the purposes set out in the « Use of personal information » section, we may share personal information about you with:
- Third parties providing services on our behalf.
- Other third parties who have a legitimate need to access your personal information for one of the purposes described in the section « Use of personal information »;
- Competent authorities, including the courts.
- Resources allocated to the provision of our services.
- Your employer.
We may be required to disclose your personal information in accordance with the law or the requirements of a regulatory authority, or in connection with legal proceedings. In addition, your personal information may be shared in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or part of our business to another organization.
We may share non-personal, anonymous or aggregated information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including promotional purposes.
- Protection of personal information
We implement a wide range of physical, technological and administrative measures to ensure the protection and accuracy of the personal information we hold about you. These measures include:
- Appointment of a Privacy Officer.
- Implementation of administrative controls.
- Implementation of physical security measures.
- Raising awareness and training resources.
- Use of technological security devices.
Despite our precautions when collecting your personal data, it is important to note that data transmission over the Internet, including e-mail, is never completely secure. We make every effort to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of the data we receive or transmit.
- Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information on our systems for the longest of the following periods:
- In accordance with our internal retention policies, the length of which may vary depending on the nature of the information retained. In addition, all copies of personal information stored in our electronic backup files will be destroyed in accordance with the normal life cycle of backup copies.
- Until the conclusion of the dispute or investigation concerning the services.
- For as long as is necessary for the activity or services concerned.
- Any retention period required by law or professional standards.
Person responsible for personal information: Malek Toursal
- Your rights
You have several rights concerning your personal information. These rights may vary depending on where you live and the laws in force governing the processing of your personal data. Depending on the applicable legislation, you may be able to:
- Confirm whether we process your personal information and obtain a copy of that information.
- Request details of how we process your personal information.
- Request the de-indexation or cessation of dissemination of any of your personal information that may appear on our websites.
- Request the updating or correction of your personal information held by us, including the rectification of inaccuracies or omissions.
- Request the deletion of any of your personal information held by us or restrict its use.
- Revoke your consent to the processing of your personal information, to the extent that such processing is subject to such consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
You may also contact the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec if you wish to file a complaint regarding a breach of your privacy.
When we receive your personal information from our client or third parties, we encourage you to contact that client or third party directly if you have any questions about how they handle your personal information (for example, your employer or a service provider).
- Original version takes precedence